Monday, June 16, 2008

Blog #1

1. The most encouraging and motivating about summer scholars to me has been having this opportunity. It's great meeting others from other schools and what a great personality they have since they are all easy going and everyone knows eachother. What motivated me was coming to class and learning more things about my native american class and more about college in the way that everyone can go just they need to find a way to get that dream come true.
2. The most challenging thing has been keeping up with the reading from the class. Like everyone else in high school they think that they can still pass the class without having to read each night, but in college it's not like that. Even though it's a lot of reading it helps a lot to understand the class. The teacher gives lectures but most of the information on the test comes from the book than the lectures. I know that there are WAY better things to do than reading but if you want to pass the class, you're going to have to read.
3. I learned a lot about myself. I've learned about my personality and how the way I interact with my other peers. I know how much I can challenge myself and what to expect from me. I was somewhat afraid of heights but going to Ashland, NE and doing the obstacles up high from 35 -45 ft. I faced a fear of heights and in the end it wasn't so bad after all. I really wanted to do it again.
4. The differences that has made on me is having the chance to take this class. I know what is expected in college along with learning some new study tips on how to pass the class successfully. Living on campus has also been a great opportunity. It was a way to get to know everyone better and decided whether it would be something I'd like to do in the future about living on campus. These are some things I've taken in consideration for when making my college decision.

No comments: